Sunday, October 26, 2008

Whole Wheat Brownies

This recipe is still in the experimental stage. We liked this version, but I think I can improve it further. These brownies were sort of fudgy and dense. If you like to live dangerously, give it a try:

Whole Wheat Brownies

2 1/4 cups whole wheat (I used hard white wheat and ground it myself)
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1/2 cup cocoa
5 "eggs" or eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1 cup walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the first seven ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until combined. Pour into a 10X13 greased baking dish, sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts, and cook for 35 minutes. Cool for several minutes before cutting and serving.

Tip: My oldest DD highly recommends reheating these in the microwave for a few seconds to fully enjoy them.

No comments: